Reality format Power Couple, created by Abot Hameiri expected to be aired on prime time slots
Mexico becomes its 10th international sale following a series of ratings successes on RTL Germany, TV Record Brazil, MNET South Africa, Channel 10 Israel, RTL Hungary and more
Dori Media Group has sold hit reality show Power Couple to Mexico’s leading broadcasters, TV Azteca. The sale represents the tenth international format sale of the Abot Hameiri production. The first season will consist of 10 episodes.
Nadav Palti, CEO & President of Dori Media Group commented: “Power Couple is on the brink of becoming a major hit in the Hispanic world, replicating its success in Europe. The show has already conquered Brazil and we are confident that its anticipated success in Mexico will serve as a springboard to the rest of the Hispanic market. The format has all the ingredients to satisfy the growing expectations of viewers who are increasingly spoilt for choice. The reality show has a fresh and exciting take on the reality format, which has been attracting some exciting celebrity contenders in many markets. We are looking forward to helping TV Azteca roll it out.”
Joshua Mintz, Deputy to the President of TV Azteca, commented: “TV Azteca is a great place to create TV and adapt foreign formats. Our experience with contest shows has been a success. TV Azteca is home of great events and great contest shows. The Mexican audience will be very pleased with what we will be offering with Dori Media’s format.”
Power Couple provides ten couples with extreme challenges to test how well they really know each other. In this game, couples can convert the closeness of their relationships and their knowledge of each other into big cash prizes. The format has been taken to over 10 territories internationally including: China, India, Brazil, Italy, Portugal, Croatia, Slovenia, South Africa, Hungary and more.
The scale of the show’s success can be summarized as follows:
- The show has achieved hit status in Israel, where it improved the rating of its 9.00 PM timeslot by 81% on average.
- On RTL Germany, Power Couple secured a winning timeslot having attracted an average rating of 13.8% among its target audience of 14-49 year-olds. The show was the number one trending topic on Twitter in Germany every Wednesday night while the show was running.
- In Hungary, it achieved an audience share of 27.2% in the very competitive 7:00 pm slot.
- In Brazil, having attracted 62 million viewers, the show increased its broadcaster’s timeslot ratings by 38% and a second season has been commissioned.
- In Slovenia, the show has achieved a 27% viewing share on its channel.